The Minister of State for Home Affairs, Shri Kiren Rijiju will felicitate sportspersons of North-Eastern States, who participated in Rio Olympics, 2016 at a function here tomorrow.
The sportspersons to be felicitated by the Ministry of Home Affairs are :
- Ms. Dipa Karmakar (Gymnastics),
- Ms. P. Sushila Chanu (Hockey- Women),
- Ms. H. Lal Ruatfeli (Hockey- Women),[no pic yet]
- Ms. L. Bombayla Devi (Archery),
- Shri K. Chinglensan Singh (Hockey- Men),
- Shri K. Kothajit Singh (Hockey-Men) and
- Ms. Saikhom Mirabai Chanu (Weightlifting).
Each sportsperson will be presented with cash award of Rs 2.00 lakh and given a memento.